On Monday I posted some of the gifts that the men in our family have received in their Twelve Days boxes over the past couple of years. Today I will be sharing with you some of the gifts that us women have received and enjoyed.
- Small figurines - if someone on your list has a penchant for a certain animal, say horses, you can look at a couple thrift shops, antique stores, or online (ebay and etsy) to see if you can find a tiny version of their beloved animal, like this one:
- Puzzles - girls and women like puzzles too! Its all about the subject matter. I have given some cute small magnetic puzzles in the past that easily fit in a Twelve Days Box.
- Small stained glass - when we were in the UK a couple of years ago it seemed like every gift shop had these adorable, tiny stained glass pieces that were designed to hang in a window - and they fit in Twelve Days Boxes perfectly!
- Tea lights and holders - there are no shortage of cute tea light holders on the market today. A cute little tea light holder and a tea light candle make a great Twelve Days gift!
- Magnets - I have given these beatiful Tiffany-inspired magnets, as well as some fun faux-jewel magnets in the past. There are also sets of Scrabble pieces that are magnetized, or fridge-poetry sets that can make a great gift for the more literary/game minded person.
- Hand cremes - I always find myself reaching for more hand creme this time of year, so I think a nice little tube or pot of hand creme makes a great Twelve Days gift.
- Small scented candles - another idea for a candle lover in your life is a small scented candle. You can even buy a little set of different scents and put one in a couple boxes. The mini-tins at illume candles fit in a Twelve Days Box perfectly, and come in a lot of great fragrances.
- Jewelry - there are no shortage of pretty little things like earrings, necklaces, rings and brooches that will fit in a Twelve Days Box. People always say "the best things come in small boxes"!
- Candy - just like for the men, women love candy too! Anything from hard candies to truffles will fit in a Twelve Days Box!
- Coin purse - lots of little boutiques sell cute coin purses. If you are feeling extra-gifty you could even put a little note or gift card in the coin purse!
- Pill box - I like to have a little box in my purse with a couple of aspirin, and maybe an allergy pill or two, just in case. So why not have those pills in a cute little pill box? It may sound old fashioned, but being a woman who is prepared is never a bad idea. Especially if the pill box is blinged out like these:
- Small books - if you look in antique stores and book stores you can find "TIny Tomes" and other miniature versions of popular books. One of the best Twelve Days gifts I think I ever gave was a tiny version of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" - how appropriate!
- Bath bombs/bath salts - we all know the holidays can be stressful, so why not encourage a little relaxation with a little package of bath salts or dissolving bath bombs?
- Paper weight - A nice paperweight is a welcome addition to any organized desk.
- Keychains - a fun personalized keychain can make a great Twelve Days gift.
- Reusable grocery/tote bag - these bags are really popular now, and they do squish down small enough to fit in a Twelve Days Box, so why not put a bag in a box? They come in lots of cute designs now, too!
- Tea/tea ball - for the tea drinker in your life, why not put a few nice tea bags in a box, or a small packet of loose-leaf tea and a nice tea ball?
- Small picture frame - a tiny picture frame (with a tiny personalized picture or message in it) is a great Twelve Days gift!
Just like the ideas for the guys, a lot of these ideas would be great for anyone! Once you get your creative juices flowing you can think of lots of great, thoughtful gifts that easily fit in a Twelve Days Box. Happy gifting!